Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Don't Make Your Tea Too Strong, Friends Forever, Wisdom

Tea and Tummy

So, I've been having a lil tummy trouble lately. I'm anemic and I have to take iron pills. I really should have an iron infusion, but they give me an allergic reaction. So, pills it is. And these pills are rough on your system. Also I don't each much meat. Well, yesterday I had both meat and pills and my stomach just didn't know what to do with itself. Complete turmoil.

This morning I woke up feeling blah. I have some tea on hand called "Smooth Move" (learned about it from a friend). Yeah, it's exactly what you're probably thinking. And let me tell you - that stuff right there? Oh LAWED....sent my stomach in a tizzy! But when it works, it works!

What I learned today: Don't let the tea steep too long. The stronger it is, the "more effective" it is...and the cramping is killer.

Friendship

I have some amazing friends. I really do. Many of them have a deep reservoir of strength that just wells up and bubbles over. Even in pain and hurt, they find a way to encourage others. Some of them "stretch" me because we are so opposite, but I love them the same. Without them, I would never learn and it's always good to have opposition - it helps you clearly define who you are and what you stand on. No one needs "yes men" in their lives. Then I have some that I can call on no matter what. I may not talk to them often, but I know I can call, and we will pick up right where we left off. The friendship is filled with such ease. And then I have some friends that our friendship goes far beyond that - it's spiritual and "unearthly". Those kinds of friends where you wish you would have known them ALL of your life. I have been truly blessed.

What I learned today:

Proverbs 18:24
King James Version (KJV)
24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.


Wisdom?

1 Corinthians 1:19-25
New Living Translation (NLT)

19 As the Scriptures say,
“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise
    and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.”[a]
20 So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish. 21 Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe. 22 It is foolish to the Jews, who ask for signs from heaven. And it is foolish to the Greeks, who seek human wisdom. 23 So when we preach that Christ was crucified, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it’s all nonsense.

24 But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles,[b] Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.

What I learned today: Sometimes when I hear people speak, I automatically think of these verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment