Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What I Learned Today: What's In A Name, How To Tie My Shoes, I'm THAT Mom and other things...

Met a FB friend. Every since I've "known" her - I've pronounced her name wrong. Glad I got to hear how it's really pronounced. Those things are really important to me. There is nothing more dismissive than someone mispronouncing your name after correction, not asking HOW to say your name, or worse yet misspelling it when the correct spelling is right in front of their face. I've been called "Debra", "Diane", and have had my name spelled so many different ways you wonder if the person even knows you or cares. I've even been asked if I was sure I spelled my name right....really? So you just gonna ask me that? I've been living for over 30 years - there's at least one thing I know for sure if I don't know anything else - and that's how to say and spell my own name. It's annoying. And I know people who constantly do this to me and others. I beg those people - please - take the time to say/spell someone's name right. Even those little details means a lot. After all, you may be speaking/writing to me but, "Dierdre" is someone entirely different.

What I learned today: How to properly say my friend's name and that I'm pretty attached to mine.

So, while I know how to say and spell my name b/c I've been doing it for over 30 years, apparently, I don't know how to tie my own shoes correctly. Did you know there was a right and wrong way to tie your shoes? Check out this vid!

Tie Your Shoes Right!!

What I learned today: I clearly have some relearning to do. Either that, or wear sandals for the rest of my life.

I remember before we had kids, I said "If we have more than two, they have to both do the same activity. I'm not gonna be runnin all over the city. If one takes ballet, they both take ballet. If one takes boxing, they both take boxing."  Oooooh the unrealistic dreams I had.

What I learned today: I am that mom. That mom that has only 2 children and about 4 sporting events to go attend. This is gonna be hard.

Yesterday, I learned about the Philadelphia Experiment. Then today I heard about that plane and the people on it.

What I learned today: Sounds like the restart of some unfinished business to me....

Boy, you wanna make some people mad? Talk about all the lies that go on in church and talk about personal responsibility. THAT will get some panties in a bunch - no matter how true it is.

What I learned today: Research is the key that keeps the door to hell locked....

GN!

No comments:

Post a Comment