Thursday, March 19, 2015

Knowing How and When To Stay Quiet

As a continuation of a blog I wrote on "Truth" a couple of days ago. I provided a Facebook conversation I had with a brother where he contested my stance on truth first, then unity etc. That blog post can be seen here.

A day after, he responded again - to which I did not respond. Because of our history, I understood the place where the contention was coming from based on the verbiage and chose not to continue in conversation. Not out of cowardice, but because I understand that no matter what I say, we will continue in circles. And I don't think that's wise, or fruitful. However, there was something that he said that gave me paused and caused me to go into prayer to seek clarity.

Here is what was stated:
Unrevealed truth is a mystery. Surely His body can't be divided over mysteries.

No sooner than I went into prayer, the Father gave me the image of both the woman at the well, and the man being healed of leprosy and a bible verse to go with them. This blog entry is not to bash, but to help some of you that have been revealed something but asked or even told to "stay quiet" by the Father.

Not everything is meant to be said when people want you to. Not everything is meant to be revealed right away. Yah's timing is perfect in all He does. His plan never fails. If you trust that, then you also need to trust that you have to do what HE says do when HE says to do it. It may cause others anguish, it may cause you anguish. But it is always better to please the Lord rather than man. I want to share with you a couple of things the Father has shared with me below.

In the book of John Chapter 4 verses 4-42, we find the story of the Samaritan woman at the well. When the Father showed me this story during my prayer, I instantly knew what He was getting at. See, in this story, a woman with a sordid history encounters Truth - she encounters Yahshua (Jesus). They have a conversation, where He has a private one-on-one conversation with her. She asks a question of Him and He reveals things to her that others didn't understand or see because of the conditions of their heart. As a result of their conversation her heart is changed, she runs to her town and reveals the conversation and what He revealed. What the reader should notice is, He did not hinder her from speaking what He shared. As a result, many came to Him and believed.

Now, let's contrast that with another story in the bible. This story can be found in Mark Chapter 1 verses 40-45. Here, we find a man with leprosy and encounters Yahshua. The man has a conversation with Him and asks to be healed. Yahshua has compassion on the man and heals him. But here is something that the reader wouldn't expect. Yahshua tells the man "Don't tell anyone about this." He goes on to give the man specific instructions of what to do instead. But, being disobedient in his excitement of being healed, the man does just the opposite. He runs through town telling everyone of his experience and encounter with Christ. In doing so, people flooded Yahshua's presence. But unlike the Samaritans, they did not come to believe. They came for the physical things that the Father was doing through His Son - healing. See, had this man followed Christ's instructions, people would have seen this man's public testimony, the priests would have had a chance to confirm what was done in the proper context, people would have been saved. But look at what this man's disobedience caused...it caused people to encounter Truth and totally miss it.

Now, I want to share a verse with you that Yah gave me that Yahshua spoke that I think applies here in this lesson:

John 8:28 So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man on the cross, then you will understand that I am he. I do nothing on my own but say only what the Father taught me. 29 And the one who sent me is with me—he has not deserted me. For I always do what pleases him.” 30 Then many who heard him say these things believed in him.
If the Christian's goal is to be like Christ and have the mind of Christ, we are not to cave to man's standards and needs. We ARE to understand we are bought, paid for with the price of His blood, and we are to do nothing of our own - only what the Father instructs us to do. When we speak when He says speak, we will please Him. But, to speak when others say so and He hasn't, is disobedience.

So, the question is "how" do we stay quiet? Believe me when I tell you, there have been times where I have had to figuratively bite my tongue until it bled. Paul gives us great advice:

1 Corinthians 9:25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
We have to master self-control (and Lord knows, I'm STILL working on it). The man healed of leprosy was so emotional that he lost all self-control. Cain was so emotional that he lost self-control. If Yah has entrusted us with information not to be shared, we are to exercise self-control and follow His instructions. It doesn't matter how many times people goad you into trying to speak. Remember, you are to do the will of the Father and not man. Him telling you to be quiet is not you holding a mystery and causing contention, it is you being obedient. This is something important to understand. Speaking when the Father tells you NOT to speak is putting yourself in danger and it is also working against the Father and His will.

Everyday, I pray the prayer that the Father would help me to use the discernment, wisdom and knowledge that He has given me and to increase what I already have. Although I pray that prayer everyday, it is not because I am begging Him or don't believe He has already done it. But I pray that prayer as a reminder to myself that what I asked for, I have and I need to have wisdom in order to serve the Father well. I thank Him for blessing me with the gift He has for me and allowing me to grow in wisdom. Had this been even a year ago, I would have been the disobedient one. My personality is as such as I seek things and I have no problems exposing things when they are wrong. The Father has been teaching me self-control, how to hold my tongue and how to obey Him. In doing so, He has gained trust in me to help me see things others can not, or may not want to see. And it is all for His glory.

So, if you have this gift, or if the Father has revealed something to you that He has not revealed to others, before you speak, have self-control and ask the Father what it is He wants you to do with that information. Not everything revealed is meant to be revealed "right now".

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment