Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Through It All One Thing Is Constant

Today, I celebrate my five year kidney transplant anniversary with my sister. She was so selfless and gave a part of herself to me so that I can have a little while longer here on this earth. Thinking about her and then my life, I look back and think about how blessed I am to experience life. Even with all it's ups and downs.

Life. It really throws unexpected twists and turns. Really, nothing is ever constant - except the Father in Heaven. Relationships aren't constant, money isn't constant, freedom isn't constant, health isn't constant. Our brother Paul said it best:

Philippians 4:11King James Version (KJV)11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

On emotions: I have lived for over 36 years. In my time here on earth, I have experienced so many tears, but yet so many side-hurting, gut-busting laughs. I have experienced loneliness and I have experienced the pleasure of company. I have experienced the agony of family struggle and I have experienced the joy of family triumph. I have and have been misunderstood and I have been correct and corrected. And through it all, Yah remained constant.

On relationships: I have experienced making friends and I have experienced the fading away and break up of friends. I have experienced the fulfillment of trust and I have experienced the pain of betrayal. I have experienced late night talks and I have experienced the conversation slowing down to a complete stop. I have experienced love and I have experienced heartbreak.Yet, Yah remained constant.

On prosperity: I have experienced financial freedom and I have experienced being bogged down with debt. I have experienced owning my own home and I have experienced a foreclosure. I have experienced eating a wonderful meal and I have experienced sharing meals with homeless men. I have experienced taking two steps forward and I have experienced taking 5 steps back. Yet, Yah remained constant.

On religion: I have experienced being one of the most dreadful of sinners and I am experiencing being one of the redeemed. I have experienced megachurches and I have experienced the fellowship of a few. I have experienced false teaching and I have experienced the lone truth of Yah. I have experienced legalism and I have experienced the freedom of Christ. I have experienced being "spoon fed" and I have experienced feeding myself. Yet, Yah remained constant.

On health: I have experienced perfect health and I have experienced living life on a machine. I have experienced taking handfuls of medicines and I have experienced only taking a few. I have experienced the pain of multiple surgeries and I have experienced the comfort of healing from them. I have experienced doctors telling me I don't have long to live and to call my family and I have experienced walking out that same hospital door giving Yah the praise. Yet, Yah remained constant.

Through all of my trials and all of my triumphs I have experienced in life - the life HE has given me to live - HE has remained constant. Be encouraged. As I celebrate 5 years of my second transplanted kidney, I marvel at how insignificant my life is. It can go downhill in an instant, it can pass away at any moment. But the one "Thing" that will always be constant is Yah. He never began and He will never end. He will remain constant.

Have a good one y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment