Monday, September 17, 2012

What I learned today: Don't have a broken radar!

So a lot of people have been on this whole Iyanla Vanzant kick.

I have had a problem with her for a while, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then she did her dog and pony act on Oprah to get in her good graces - and BAM! She has her own TV show on O's network...strange? Not really.

If we look at this spiritually, we will see, that satan can't divide his house...he wants his kingdom to stand. So uniting those two wasn't anything unusual.

Here's a lil something on Ms Vanzant. Unbeknownst to many, she is a Yoruba Priestess (http://www.ifafoundation.org/iyanla-vanzant) And no, the "god" she talks about is not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. She does not have Him in her, so she can not speak truth - no matter how "sweet" it sounds.

It pains me to see so many people breathing her in - especially Christians. This lets me know that their "radar" is broken. If you are studying God's word, when something isn't true, it should pop right out at you. Tonight she said ""Healing is not easy. And, sometimes you must be willing to lose everything in order to gain yourself" and the response of a "Christian" woman was "Iyanla is on FIYA'!!!"....but what's wrong with this statement? Again, remember it sounds good...but it's not true. It's directly contrary to God's word...

"
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" Matt 16:26

This life is NOT about you gaining yourself...it's about denying self and dying daily to self "
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." Matt 16:24.


What I learned today: be careful of what you let in your spirit. Satan is clever...he comes sweet and innocent and wrecks shop once he has your trust. Don't give him a centimeter b/c he won't take a mile...he'll take your life.

Know your BIBLE and the God of it!

 

2 comments:

  1. This one was REALLY good D! I am excited for you to return to blogging about what you learned! I always enjoy these soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you JMB!!! I can't wait to read and keep up with yours!! Always so insightful!!

    ReplyDelete