Monday, September 3, 2012

What I learned today: Weekend Edition

This weekend was a doozy. On Saturday, the kids got to go with their grandma and aunts to a family reunion. What did my husband I and do with our day of freedom?? Grocery shopping! Oh yes! That time when you can get what you need (and maybe a few wants) without having to say "put that back" "put that down" "Get offa there!" "Girl, leave your brother alone!" "Girl, please go get your brother" "No, we are not getting that" "We already have that at home" "GET DOWN FROM THERE!!"

Yes, shopping is so much easier without them there - although, I do love our time together - it's just not conducive! So yes, the hubby and I spent our alone time reading labels on boxes, finding the organic section in a new store, walking aisles, and leisurely talking and shopping together.

But, we had to stop and ask ourselves....are we lame? Most parents (we assume) would have went off and had an adventure! Some may have gone to another city, gone scuba diving, sailed with dolphins! Well, ok, I'm exaggerating. But still - we're sure that some parents would have had WAY more fun than we did....

What I learned today: Even when we have "time off" and the kids are gone, they still are my husband and my priority. 2. We do need some hobbies. 3.Shopping shouldn't be so stressful.


I want a vacation. A time where partly I an relax, but the majority, I can get up, get out the door and see all there is to see. There are others in my family - and not - that see things totally different. For them, vacation means turning into a vegetable, and if their body permits, get up, dressed and try to make it to something before they close the doors 10minutes before closing time. That's not my idea of vacationing!

What I learned today: For some, vacationing means doing absolutely nothing. While for others, it means doing all that there is humanly possible within 24 hours time!


No comments:

Post a Comment