Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What I Learned Today: Woven into my bday!

Today is my birthday!! 

I have always been the type that has been excited about my birthday. It's another year that I have gotten to see that many of my family and peers didn't get to see.

Many people asked what did I do today. And I must say, I did NOTHING, and it felt GREAT. I also got my very first massage. And let me tell you, if you haven't gotten one yet, you need to get on the "good-foot" and see about going to get one!

I told my mother I was going to get one, and her first response was "don't get deep tissue". I'm like awww ma, I'll be fine. She warned me at least 3 times. Then it was followed by that famous "Awright"...as in "Look, I done told you...".

I should have listened. *ouch* my muscles are so tender! All I can think about is getting to my bed and having a heating pad put on my back lol.

Oh another stand out thing happened. Usually every morning, I wake up and say Thank You Jesus, read my scripture for the day, and tell the hubby "Good morning baby". Well today was a little different. My husband got the kids up, and they sneaked into the room. And with a bunch of energy, belted out "Happy Birthday To You"...it was the greatest sight to wake up to. Man, I love my family! After that, I rolled over to read, and it was the verse in Acts that speaks of how because he has life, he's going to spread the news of Jesus. I thought that was such a "happy birthday, now get up and do my work" from the Lord...that's just like Him LOL

What I Learned Today: A massage is SO awesome, it will make you want to leave humming and singing a new tune!

Not matter how old you are - listen to your mother!!

God allows us to live to accomplish His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment