Friday, July 27, 2012

What I've Learned Today about: Movies, Cauliflower, Saying NO!, and evil spiritual powers

Movies
I finally got to watch Manchurian Candidate.
What I learned today: Pay attention in movies. Most of the time, they are not made out of fiction!

Cauliflower Colorflower
Cauliflower has four different colors: white, orange, green, and purple. - Go figure!

Just Say No!
What I learned today: When you do things out of obligation, you usually aren't happy when doing it. So for the sake of your sanity and others - just say no!

Spiritual Warfare
There was a person who was an aquaintance of mine. I didn't know him well, but I knew him enough to know that he is a good guy. From what I could tell, he was mild mannered, and truly loved the Lord Jesus. Then one day something changed, well, he changed. It was like he had two different personalities. In one breath he would apologize, and in the next he would attack - very weird. Come to find out, just like in physical life - when one gets attacked in some sort of way, it affects their character and their attitude. Well this guy admitted to going through something spiritually - hence the attacks. In my quiet time, I've come to the conculsion that yes, it was wise to forgive him. Yes, it was wise to be a person he could confide in if needed. And yes, it is wise to pray for him that he and God would fight the battle together instead of him trying to do it on his own.

What I learned today: the true meaning of Ephesians 6:12 - For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

No comments:

Post a Comment