Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What I've Learned Today: Drinking Pool Water, Sports, Bible Study, Custard!

Olympics
Something's been bothering me lately. I love watching the swim team. But for the LIFE of me, I couldn't figure out, why the heck these people drink that NASTY pool water. Yeah, I know, chlorine kills the bacteria yada yada yada, but still, just the thought turns my stomach. So why do they do it?? I had to look that up.

What I learned today: Drinking pool water helps with a swimmer's gag reflex.

I turned on the TV and in all my years I never knew that some sports existed as an Olympic sport.

What I learned today: That kayaking is an Olympic sport

My son watches some "unconventional" sports - and after watching, often tries to imitate. He's done that with "Wipeout" - is that a sport? lol, "American Ninja Warrior" - again, same question, Tennis - a little better, and gymnastics. Well, since he's watched the trials in diving, he's been WAITING for it to come back on. He and I had a conversation about it and I realized something.

What I learned today: My son loves watching diving, but don't want to have nothing to do with it lol 

Bible Study
A discussion was going on on FB. It was around the idea of what is the instruction on how to treat believers "in name only". 

What I learned today: The difference between 1Cor 5 and Galatians 6:1 5. 

To say "Amen" is translated as "the Truth" in Hebrew and an agreement before God. 

What I learned today: To say "Amen" to something is to say that it is the "truth" - be careful to who, for what and why you "Amen". 

Custard! and Seeds
We went out for custard today (WI folk don't "do" ice cream...and you ain't had a dairy product until you had custard!) Well, I've always been partial to a place here called Kitts. Some people say they have enough sugar in their custard to give you diabetes off of one lick. Eh, whatever - it's good. But there are some that swear by Leon's. Even presidents have gone there. I went once, wasn't all that impressed, but I'll always give  things another try - you know, maybe they were having an "off" day.

What I learned today: I'd rather have Kitts than Leon's any day.

We have had seeds in our basement for the past, oh I'd say...3 years. Hubby finally decided to plant them.

What I learned today: Seeds do die eventually....

No comments:

Post a Comment