Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What I've learned today about: News, Fun and Games, Shackin' Up, and My Dog

News
JoJo (our Boxer) went in for surgery today. And as a good doctor (vet) would do, they gave all the horrible, most sad, and "doom and gloom" scenarios. Then he gave a glimmer of hope - what he has could just be fatty tissue. I think I'll take the fatty tissue for $500 Alex!

What I learned today: News is just that - news. And it can be accepted or rejected....


Fun & Games
My kids are in sports. And in sports, I only really have two rules: Play hard and pay attention. One of my kids needs more encouragement in these rules than the other. Although, one of them was caught slippin' today.

Today, I was working with my daughter after her tennis class (she and my son both play). She has problems with her follow through, and actually putting power behind her swing. Anyone who knows tennis knows that this does not bode well for getting the ball across the net. Anyway, after class, we were making progress and one of the instructors was playing with my son. The whole day, I had been telling my daughter "HIT THE BALL!" "SMACK the ball!" "C'mon, you can do it!". Well, my son was done playing around with the instructor, and wasn't paying attention. And for some reason, my daughter finally caught the vision of what I meant about "HIT THE BALL!" right at the same time my son was walking by - and SMACK!

What I learned today: Everything is all fun and games until someone gets hit in the face with a racket...


Shackin' Up
What I learned today: The Smoke Shack BBQ joint in Milwaukee has THE. BEST. southern food I've tasted since I left NC....


Dog-on-it!
What I learned today: That cyst was HUGE in his leg, but the vet got it all. Now we just pray it will come back benign!  







No comments:

Post a Comment