Friday, August 24, 2012

What I Learned Today: Flying Ants and Seafood Paella

Flying Ants
All of my life, I've been accustomed to flying ants. ICK!! They get all in your hair, eyes, clothes, car...everywhere! So, I decided that I would finally look up what flying ants where. I was pretty amazed. 

What I learned today: flying ants are actually ants that are ready to mate. The males die after mating, and the females fly off to start a new colony. They are harmless, but very annoying.


Good Eats!
Seafood Paella. Two simple words that have stuck with me since 9th grade spanish class with Senora Clark. To hear her describe what Paella was, I just KNEW I needed to make my way to Spain to have some. And that never happened. BUT, TODAY! Yes, today, I went to a lil shop and they had it. And it was so good...just about what I imagined, with the exception of the overcooked shrimp. It really tasted like chicken.

What I learned today: Although it didn't come from Spain, the soup was almost worth waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment