Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What I've Learned Today about: Being Lost

Round and Round I Go

I got lost today. Anyone that knows me knows that's not all that uncommon LOL - and actually, I got lost, not once - but TWICE! The first time, I got lost coming out of my own drive way. And my driveway isn't anything like you see in some extravagant multi-million dollar home on MTV Cribs. In fact, it's not even a drive way, it's a parking pad in our backyard! Either way...I got lost. I couldn't remember which way to go...was I supposed to go left down the alley (which would take me to one street) or right (which would take me to another)? I sat and wondered, and unfortunately, my GPS couldn't help me with that one.

Then I got lost when I finally made it out of my alley and down the street to the other "city" I was going to. You would think that after I got lost in my own driveway - well, parking pad, I'd just put the dog gone car in reverse and take my booty on home...but noooooo, not ----->this girl<------- smh. Well, while in the city of Menominee Falls, a city that I frequent (but not as of lately, maybe that's why I got lost?) I totally turned myself around in a quest to find some chicken. Yes, CHICKEN threw me off course!

What I learned today: 1. Sleep deprivation and low blood sugar really does affect your memory more than we think! 2. The GPS is only good for when you are actually driving and lost, not when you are still and confused. 3. Where some "hidden" stores are in Menominee Falls - oh yes, I found them! 4. Kids are no help when they remind you THAT you're lost, but have not suggestions on how to get UNlost *eye roll* 5. Being lost is only good on a full tank of gas and day light (but I learned that a long time ago ;-) )

3 comments:

  1. :) i work Menomonee Falls! And at one point i wanted to move out there. What stores did ya find?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The TJ Maxx and stuff out that way. I had no business over there LOL!! I loath being lost, but this time, it was cool...I just hope I remember how I got there (and I don't, but maybe my "photo" memory will kick in when I get in the area LOL). Either that, or I'll get lost again and find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. Lacking the patience to shop there, I generally avoid it at all costs. The Aldi near there is a good 1 too. And I typically go to that Sally's on lunch break. It's easy enough to get to. Either make a left from Appleton onto Hwy Q aka County Line. or make a left off the freeway to Q/County Line. OR you can get there from 76th and county line by taking it allllllllllll the way up! :)

    I have an affinity for getting lost. My uncle once told me, you don't know your way around a city, if you don't get lost in it! Which is 1 reason I'm ready to move. Love Milwaukee, I really do, but I need new streets to nevigate.

    ReplyDelete