Saturday, August 4, 2012

What I've Learned Today About: Rental Cars, Husbands, Peek-a-boo, and the Appendix

Rental Cars
So, we have to make an emergency family run soon back to my husbands home state. In doing so, we decided that flying would be way too expensive and maybe we should rent a car. But then I remembered, I had family that worked for airlines and maybe we could use buddy passes....but we didn't want to be stranded coming back (that has happened before) so we thought maybe we'd fly one way there and drive back. 

What I learned today: It is MORE expensive to drive one way than it is two...smh

My Husband
My husband is a skeptic. I love that about him b/c he examines things and doesn't just go off of emotion like I do. But, at the same time I hate it because he doesn't got off of emotion like I do LOL. Anyway, I have been talking to him about a particular subject and how things are evidenced all around us. It's pretty controversial, and while I would talk about it, he would pretty much take what I said with a grain of salt. Eh, I kept talkin and he kept "listening"....until today :-)

What I learned today: Husbands listen, even when you don't think they are

Peek-a-boo, I See You!
Have you ever just took time to look at things from a different point of view? I mean like literally - not figuratively? I remember my art teacher in middle school used to tell us "Never underestimate looking up"...and he was right. You'd be amazed at what you find out if you just look up...buildings take on a whole new meaning. Well, now I have learned to not only look up...but look down, from high up - amazing what, and WHO you find...

What I learned today: Looking AT something is not the same as looking ON something. There's totally a difference.

Appendix
I was reading a caption on a photo on FB. It was trying to deny the existence of intelligent design by calling it stupid design. In doing so, it asked why some things were created if they served no purpose...thus, making them "stupid". One of the things included in the questions was the appendix in our body.

What I learned today: Your appendix is there for a reason. It's essential for your immune system, more specifically, producing good bacteria in your gut. We don't notice it now days because we now live in a "clean" environment - and things that could wipe out the bacteria in our gut aren't around as much. BUT if they were, our appendix would kick in to replenish the bacteria quickly. (sorry for the long explanation lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment