Friday, August 3, 2012

What I've Learned Today About: Sports, Cooking, Rights, Money

Sports
Again, the Olympics amazes me with what are considered Olympic sports....

What I learned today: Judo and "Marksmanship" are actual competitions


Cooking
The kids had gymnastics today. We usually would go out to eat after because about time they are done, it's too late to come home and cook/eat. But I decided to save some money and do something different. I just didn't feel like standing over a stove and cooking. So guess what I did? I made lasagna in the crock pot! Oh yes baby! And that thang was slammin!!

What I learned today: the crock pot is good for EVERYTHING and I need about THREE of'em! LOL


Rights
I was watching a video where clearly some people's rights were being trampled over. Things could have gone a total different way had they not known their rights. And even though the end result wasn't what they hoped for (intimidation and forced removal) they knew enough that no one could press charges.

What I learned today: knowing your rights before you begin a "movement" benefits you best. Learn and abide.


Mo' Money Mo' Money Mo' Money!
Oh yes! My student loans are getting next to nothing...have mercy! How LONG did that take???? smh...

What I learned today: In a few months, the government won't have anything hangin over my head! I'll be FREE!!! No more "slave to the lender" and that feels good!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome reflection. Bless me everytime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shantee! Keep reading and feel free to post what you've learned in the comments too :-)

      Delete