Friday, January 24, 2014

What I Learned Today: Ted Talk Thursdays

Hey!

So, I think every Thursday, I'm going to share a few things from Ted Talk. My husband and I spend our Thursday evenings watching them together. It's our time to unwind, learn, laugh, talk, and think together. I'm learning to really value this time. And since we are making a habit out of it, and I'm learning something, I figured, I'd take you on the journey with me....

So, without further ado.....

1. I've learned there is a man who has made complete structures from paper tubes! I mean, sound structures that people can live and work in! Talk about cost effective!

2. I've learned sometimes your disability can be your greatest asset. No need to feel down about it. Use it as a stepping stone and not a millstone...

3. I've learned that in order for a child to succeed in school, they need a safe environment to live. How can we expect them to concentrate on passing tests when life is failing them? This young man's poem hits home.

4. I've learned I really hope that one day, my children will find a passion that will lead them into more knowledge of things around them. This young man's interest in making bows lead him into loving the history of his people.

5. I've learned that people are way to easy to fool. If you can control someone's attention, there's lots you can do behind their backs. Been seeing that a lot lately in this world. That's sad...but this video drives the point home in a fun way.

6. I've learned that if I tried to do what this young man does with yoyos, I'd (in the words of my husband) would have FOUR black eyes! LOL

7. I've learned (for all my techy friends) that Agile can work in the family dynamic. My hubby is a software engineer and he talks about Agile all the time. So I'm somewhat familiar. So when this video popped up, we both were all ears. It's an interesting concept in how to run your home - especially with children. We do some of this stuff already, but talked about how we could implement others if needed.

I'm starting to love Ted Talk Thursdays! I feel so smart after LOL :-)

GN!!



No comments:

Post a Comment