Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What I've Learned Today - Parts of a Whole

Hey everyone! I know, I usually do more than one WILT in a post. But, it's late, and I have to get up in the
morning.

This post comes fresh off of the heels of the BCS Championship game. I'm sure just about the whole world saw it as the #1 FSU took on #2 Auburn for all the marbles. It was a pretty good game. It really looked like FSU was going to take a loss this time around by how they played in the first half. But, they pulled through victorious. That in and of itself is a good WILT. But that's not what I want to talk about right now.

In the beginning of the game, Auburn had the opportunity to kick a field goal. For all of you non-football watchers out there, that play would have given them three points. The kicker missed it. Instantly, my husband and I looked at each other and he said "I wonder if that's going to come back and bite them in the butt." I nodded my head in agreement as I have seen things like that happen time and time again. BUT never fear, that was just the beginning of the first quarter and there was a lot of football left in the game.

Well, as the game went on a few more lead changes happened. And each time FSU got back on top, guess how much it was by? Yep, three points. At the end of the game, FSU won....guess by how much? Yep, those three points.

What I've Learned Today: Never underestimate the importance of your part. It may seem insignificant to you in the beginning, but your part could be the very part that would make you and your team victorious.

1 Corinthians 12:12-26
New Living Translation (NLT)
One Body with Many Parts
12 The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ. 13 Some of us are Jews, some are Gentiles, some are slaves, and some are free. But we have all been baptized into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit.
14 Yes, the body has many different parts, not just one part. 15 If the foot says, “I am not a part of the body because I am not a hand,” that does not make it any less a part of the body. 16 And if the ear says, “I am not part of the body because I am not an eye,” would that make it any less a part of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, how would you hear? Or if your whole body were an ear, how would you smell anything?
18 But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where he wants it. 19 How strange a body would be if it had only one part! 20 Yes, there are many parts, but only one body. 21 The eye can never say to the hand, “I don’t need you.” The head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you.”
22 In fact, some parts of the body that seem weakest and least important are actually the most necessary. 23 And the parts we regard as less honorable are those we clothe with the greatest care. So we carefully protect those parts that should not be seen, 24 while the more honorable parts do not require this special care. So God has put the body together such that extra honor and care are given to those parts that have less dignity. 25 This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. 26 If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment