Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What I Learned Today: Perspective, Chewing Gum for Cavities, Old Days

Let It Snow? NO!

Ok, so about seven months ago, my family and I moved from the bitter and cold mid-west to the nice warm south. Why? WEATHER had a major part in our decision. We were tired of the white stuff. Lord knows, I love Him and ALL His creation...but sometimes I want to love and admire His creation on a postcard. Tonight however, it snowed and oooh how it gave me PTSD. I mean, we moved down here to get away from that stuff! And what's worse? They got the nerve to "delay" school tomorrow, because it "snowed" less than two inches tonight. Who does that? Oh, right...the south.

What I learned today: C'mon man...snow? Really? I am ready for the sunshine and the heat! Enough of this "southern snow" and all the craziness that comes with it already! smh....Been there, done that, and I probably MADE the T-Shirt....lol

Chewing Gum for Cavities

Did you know that the military is now using chewing gum that can be used to get rid of cavities? The gum is fortified with an ingredient that that boosts the body’s ability to kill the bacteria that causes plaque build up which causes cavities. They say that so many soldiers have problems with cavities that it is costing a lot of money to take care of the problem. But my thinking is.....why aren't these soldiers brushing their teeth? I understand if you are out in the field, a toothbrush may be hard to come by. But those who aren't...um, what's the excuse? Why are grown folk walkin around with the stank mouth? But then I remembered another study that talked about cavities have nothing to do with tooth eating bacteria but everything to do with diet. When our bodies are deficient in minerals in one area, it will find it in another to make up for it - and sometimes, that can be the teeth. So now the question is - can our troops get more nutrition so that they won't need GUM to help with tooth decay?

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/military-creates-gum-fight-army-plaque-problem-article-1.1586632#ixzz2r6HZ0Zmr

What I learned today: Sometimes we create more problems when all we have to do is go to the root and fix what's wrong. Have these men and women eat healthy meals and remind them to brush their teeth please....


Old Days

Jazz Dance Competition in Their Sleep
Tonight, my husband and kids took a trip down memory lane. All my life I haven't been much of a picture taker. Then, I regret it years later when I want to remember "the way we were". Luckily, my husband is the opposite and he has pictures upon pictures of the children as babies. Those kids got a kick out of learning how they were as little ones. They loved the stories that matched each picture. They loved seeing mommy "bald headed" (I used to cut my hair very low back then) and daddy with hair (he's bald now).

What I learned today: When memory fails, those pictures help you come up with a thousand words!

No comments:

Post a Comment