Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What I've Learned Today: A Lesson In Mercy, A Daddy's Voice, Nothin Like Ya Girls



Today, my son got a lesson in mercy. He doesn't get into trouble often. When he does, it's usually a good meaningful fussing-out that will make him question why in the world he ever did what he did. But today, he broke some rules that I have time after time warned him about. Today, I couldn't overlook them. So, I called him downstairs and before I could even get a word out, he came to me tearfully confessing his faults. He knew exactly what he did wrong, and told me his process of thinking of why he did it. He looked at me ready to accept punishment for what he did wrong - no matter what it was. And before sentencing, looked at me and said "Mommy, thank you for loving me and disciplining me" *DAGGER in the heart why don'tcha boy?!*  I said "You're welcome" and gave him the choice to choose his punishment - both equally harsh, just one more swift than the other. Now, I'm standing there admiring this young boy for 1, being brave, 2, for acknowledging his transgression, and 3 being willing and ready to accept punishment. In that instant, I felt the Holy Spirit say "Mercy". OOOOOOO HOW I wanted to lay into this boy with all the power I had, but the Spirit saved his life by one little five letter word "Mercy".  It makes me think, is this how the Father is with His children who diligently seek after Him? His children who's only desire is to please Him and separate from this world? Soooo many times we have disappointed Him, so many times we deserved His harsh discipline, but instead He gives us mercy. Thank you for that lesson Father....
Proverbs 28:13 - People who conceal their sins will not prosper but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy.
What I've learned today: A healthy parental relationship directly reflects the relationship of the Father Yahweh and His children.
Mercy will save your life.
If you want a good blog on Mercy, check here



My Daddy

This is my dad. I'm sure you could tell that just by lookin at us. I'm his twin, except I don't have a mustache and I look a lil washed out in this pic lol. I wish I could say that he was the first man I fell in love with. But, the truth is, he wasn't. We've had our ups and downs just like any family would. BUT, by the grace of God, we have forgiven, and moved on. And I am proud to say I have learned to love this man from the bottom of my toes. I had to privilege to stay with him a couple of weeks last month. I can honestly say, from my remembrance, that is the most time that I've spent with this man consecutively. And I learned so much about him. You know what's funny? We spent so much time together that now he's even calling me to see "Que Pasa?" No, he's not Hispanic. But it's his catch phrase. Before it seemed kinda hard to talk with him, but lately it hasn't been strange to spend an hour at a time just shootin the breeze with this guy. And I love it.

What I've learned today: Holding a grudge to the past gets you no where and nothing. Forgiveness blossoms into relationships that you wonder how you did without. Love you dad!!


My Girls

So, I have a group of women that I've grown very close to over the year and some change. We've laughed, cried, prayed, studied God's word, vacationed, and just been there for each other. It's a true godly friendship that I wish every woman could experience. Tonight, we just sat on the phone and chatted for about 2 hours straight. About life, love, God, and foolishness. I've belonged to a lot of "cliques" before. I've been involved in a lot of groups. Heck, I was in a sorority. But I don't think I have ever felt the level and deepness of comradery that I feel with these women. If you are a woman, and you say you "can't get along with other women." I challenge you to do one of two things: 1. Check yourself and see if you are the common denominator in failed relationships. or 2. Find some REAL godly women that know what it means to be a friend.

What I learned today: There is nothing like having women that you can count on spiritually, mentally, and physically. I love those women to heaven and back!!  Hey y'all!!!

GN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment